Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hummin' and Strummin'

My hubby plays the guitar..acoustic. He played it when we dated quite often. He had a buddy that played in a local band...they would get together and play the guitar and make up songs...about life. I LOVED IT!!!

Unfortunately, his buddy was killed in a car accident a couple of years after we were married. Everytime my husband would try to play the guitar it would make him too sad. So the guitar sat there in the corner for about 7 years.

Just recently he dusted it off and has been strummin' some of the old tunes. Unfortunately he can't find any of the handwritten notes/music that the two of them wrote. They are probably tucked away somewhere...but where?

Last night he played for about 20 minutes and I just was swept away by the music. You have to understand that I am not personally gifted with musical talents myself...but I have a huge appreciation for music. It moves me like nothing else on this earth.

I am so happy to have live music in the house once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I've always regretted that I didn't learn how to play the guitar. You can take it with you anywhere!