Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dog Days of Summer Coming to a Close

Today is Saturday. I actually got to sleep in this morning until 8:30 a.m.!! I normally get up at 5:14 a.m. so that was a real treat to get in an extra 3 hours!!! Normally the kids wake up at 6:30 a.m. no matter what day it is and even though they have instructions not to wake us until after 7 a.m. they usually end up arguing over something and wake us up anyway...then we are all grumpy. But hubby intervened this morning...went out on the couch to catch a few more winks himself and made sure the kids kept their voices down (thanks dear!). He made breakfast this morning too!! Ham and egss and bagels. Coffe and OJ. What a nice way to start the day.

The kids are into making fuse bead crafts and were cranking them out all day long. I ironed them all this evening and they each have about a dozen designs. They create their own designs instead of using a pattern so it's fun for me to see their creativity. We're going to make some mobiles to hang from the ceiling with them.

I spent about 2 hours working on "the pile" that has been building up on my desk. I can't even bring myself to put in writing how long this pile has been building up or how high it has gotten. Let's just say 2 hours wasn't enough.

I bought a note pad that says "Don't count the days. Make the days count."

I'll leave you with that.

No comments: