Thursday, October 2, 2008

A view from a different angle...

Today is Thursday, October 2, 2008. On Tuesday, September 30, 2008 around 7:30 a.m. my boss called me from his cell phone to tell me that his business of 29 years had come to a screeching halt when his lender pulled the plug on him the night before, and that the company was closing down and that as of this Friday I won't have a job. He wasn't quite that blunt about it...he tried to be as gentle as possible in his tone. He and I have worked together for a year and a half now and have a very good working relationship based on trust. After all I practically run his daily schedule (work and personal) and know some extremely confidential info about it. He was as apologetic as he could be, trying to be sensitive to the funk that it would immediately put me and my family in, all the while he was overwhelmed with the fact that he has lost literally millions over the last 12 months and has to face the daunting task of shutting down all that he has worked for over the last 29 years.

This is the first time I've been laid off so it's new territory for me...a chance to grow in faith and see what God has in store for me, for my hubby, and my kids. I do not get paid for my upcoming PTO days, I do not get any kind of severance check. Nothing...just a thank you for the great job I did. And good luck.

As my hubby's business is not doing so well either, and my employment provided our family's health and dental insurance we are going to be faced with some pretty big challenges if I have to be unemployed for long.

I'll file for unemployment tomorrow (I have no idea what that will equal) and I have an interview with a temporary agency in the morning at 7:30 a.m.

Then on Saturday I venture out on a vacation that I've had scheduled for several months...a mother daughter trip to my home state...to see friends and family...that will be good medicine for my soul...hopefully it will renew my mind and emotions and help me get energized to come back and hit the job search hard.

God please have mercy on me...please give me favor as your child...for no other reason than that you are my heavenly father and you can move mountains for me...I understand that kind of love and favor...because I am a parent...and even with my earthly view I can understand that...how much more can you see it from heaven?

No comments: