Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wi-Fi/Sigh-Fi

Well, here I am, October 22, 2008, still unemployed. The only reason I know it's Wednesday and it's the 22nd is because I have a tiny little calendar with me. I'm at the library using their free Wi-Fi with our old laptop. Since today is the day our home phone/internet/cable was disconnected it's a great use of my tax dollars to be here at the library enjoying being able to use the internet, while sitting at a well-lit table with a power source, in a quiet environment with a/c.

I had to count up how many days I've been unemployed...I was sure it was a month, but it's only been 2.5 weeks today. One of those weeks was spent on a trip that I had planned with my daughter since February. It was our mother/daughter trip for her fall break. My son and hubby went on a fishing trip for their father/son outing.

Last week I had a full week of hitting the job fairs, job boards, online apps, temp agencies, and in-person resume drop offs. This week I have had a slow start at getting up to full speed again. That's where the "Sigh" comes in in the title of this particular blog post. I am tired. The Sigh-Fi is a play on words because things are a bit surreal right now too.

I still have an unshakable faith that God has been, is and will look out for me as His child. If I know how as a human, and I enjoy doing this for my children, I know He is much better at it than I am. I will rest in that knowledge. I am also not naive and I know "real life" happens to all of us. People lose their jobs, their houses, their faith, their loved ones every day. I pray that I have the strength to always hold onto my faith no matter what or who I lose in this life...I have it all to gain in eternal life.

I also have so much to be thankful for. On the trip I mentioned that I took with my daughter the timing was impeccable. Even though we had planned it since February who could've known that we would board the plane the next day after my last day at my job? God of course knew the timing months ago. It was perfect. We got to spend several days with my parents who I love dearly. I also got to see my brother, my sister and her family, my aunt and a cousin, and 3 long-time friends, one of whom is pregnant for the first time and just celebrated her 40th birthday. She looks absolutely adorable pregnant! She is in the class of women that I dedicate this blog to...new moms who are older and wiser when they get started on parenthood.

On this same trip I also got to visit my sister in another state who just moved into a new home...her first home that she can call her own. It is beautiful and she has decorated it and made it lovely. It was so fun for me and my daughter to be her first guests. She made us feel very welcome and at home.

That week of vacation was a true blessing and gave me nice dose of strength. It was a real gift from God and everyone involved.

I am grateful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless your friend who's 40 and pregnant for the first time. (*wink*wink*)

I'm still holding you up in prayer, my friend. I love you, L